SAICFF: 11:00 A.M. - 10/28
Presented by Geoff Botkins in his session Vocational Realities for Aspiring Filmmakers:
Spiritual Qualifications for Aspiring Filmmakers:
- Are you living in the real world?
- Are you a leader or a follower?
- Are you weak in faith or strong in faith?
- Are you teaching in truth or sound doctrine?
- Are you growing in grace and humility?
- Do you have vigor and spiritual authority?
- Are you pursuing a relationship with God through biblical literacy?
- Do you heed the voice of your parents?
- Do you take every opportunity to let your family sharpen your character?
- Are you building your own convictions?
- Do not go to film school. For many producers, and especially for independent Christian producers, college credentials mean the following: “The holder of these credential just spent four years in a dismally unproductive environment using gear that is no longer industry standard, trying to succeed in a totally artificial environment because he didn’t have the resourcefulness or creativity to go out and produce something for the real world. The graduate can tolerate futility and boredom.”
- Among your professional goals should be to become resourceful, responsible, virtuous, capable, dependable, accomplished, entrepreneurial, and honest.
- Your vocational goal should be the complete management of your own productions.
- As preparation to that goal you should make your own small production or assist mature Christian producers who are creating good material.