CFA: 10:00 A.M. - 10/26
Paraphrased words of wisdom from Ken Carpenter:
That last paraphrased quotation reminds me of Proverbs 22:29, "Do you see a man skillful in his work? He will stand before kings; he will not stand before obscure men."
- "Write what you know, not what you don't."
- "Use what you have, not what you lack."
- "Pursue excellence in scriptwriting. There's an old Hollywood adage that we would do well to consider: 'If it ain't on the script, it ain't going to be in the movie.' A mediocre script will not become an excellent movie."
- "Think like entrepreneurs."
- "Understanding the craft of writing equips you to be a better filmmaker. If you really want to make a career out of filmmaking; yes, think visually, but the best career advice I can give you is to learn how to write."
- "Don't ask 'how much will it cost?' but rather, 'how much will we have to work with?'"
- "Hone your networking skills. Networking is key in all areas of endeavor."
- "Good producers are always a step ahead of anything that happens."
- “The quality of your actors and actresses is only as strong as the weakest one.“
- “Great movies have really talented people in small roles.”
- "If you don’t care enough about excellence to find out how to do the little things the right way, you will not be taken seriously."