reb•e•lu•tion (reb’el lu shen) n. a teenage rebellion against the low expectations of an ungodly culture.

10/28/2005

SAICFF: 9:45 A.M. - 10/28

One of the most incredible segments of the session "Outside Hollywood: The Core Thesis," was when Geoff Botkin, a brilliant filmmaker and Godly man shared why he has not joined Hollywood:

"Even if I'm gifted, I have fare more and bigger and more grand responsibilities than being true to my own gifts and talents. I have duties and responsibilities to my Lord, to my family, and to my fellow believers. And I cannot disregard those duties.

The reason I don't work in Hollywood is because it would corrupt my soul, and that corruption would work its way into my family."
Mr. Botkin is such an incredible witness as he rejects the lie our culture promotes that faithfulness to yourself is more important than faithfulness to your God, family, and those around you. There is no doubt in the minds of anyone who knows his skill that he could be involved in high-end productions if he were to act against his firm convictions. But everyone who knows his character knows that he never will.