reb•e•lu•tion (reb’el lu shen) n. a teenage rebellion against the low expectations of an ungodly culture.

9/20/2005

What They Don't Tell You About Hurricane Katrina

I don't know about you, but when Hurricane Katrina occured I was hoping that we'd see our nation unite the way it did after 9/11. Do you remember the way politics were put aside and everyone just wanted to do whatever they could to help?

Well, I was disappointed. Everything was politics and looters and death. Then today I found the following article by Mary Laney, a writer for the Chicago Sun-Times, entitled, "Hurricane brings out the best of America," and I am encouraged. Here's what she has to say:

HURRICANE BRINGS OUT THE BEST OF AMERICA

September 19, 2005

BY MARY LANEY

Let me tell you the good news. Not much time is being spent on it these days but there is plenty of it in the wake of Hurricane Katrina. In recent days, this country has mobilized like no other to care for its own . . . .

Read the rest of the article here.