reb•e•lu•tion (reb’el lu shen) n. a teenage rebellion against the low expectations of an ungodly culture.

9/29/2005

Quiet Excellence: Check It Out

Alex and I love so many things about the World Wide Web—the fact that it puts the collective knowledge of mankind at our fingertips, for instance. However, this abundance of information has its downsides; one of which is that extremely excellent material can go unnoticed and unrecognized simply because no one ever finds it.

Today The Rebelution would like to recognize some excellent material. And perhaps, more specifically, an excellent individual: Karen Kovaka, a seventeen-year-old from Corydon, Indiana, has gone largely unnoticed while authoring one of the best-written and intelligent blogs Alex and I have had the privilege of reading.

Her blog, Rhetorical Response, is an analytical exploration of literature and worldview, and though I could attempt to describe this treasure trove I will simply borrow from Karen’s vision statement, which I cannot improve upon:

I revel in the beauty of a well-written story. I delight in analyzing the meanings behind man’s greatest literary achievements. I relish opportunities to show the superiority of the Christian worldview in relation to all others. I trust and pray that God will use this blog to further all these activities. In view of my passions and their practical applications, I am committed to writing about two primary things: the techniques that make literature great and the worldviews presented in said great literature.

This blog is representative of my commitment to strengthening the existing network of like-minded Christians so we can ‘encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today’ (Heb 3:13a). Rhetorical Response is a link in the relational chain of Christian rebelutionaries.

I want to be a world-changer. I want to inspire others to be the same. I want to form relationships with other visionaries and influencers. May Rhetorical Response, through literature and worldview study, urge us all to move, in the words of CS Lewis, ‘further up and further in.’
The Rebelution’s favorite posts from Rhetorical Response: