reb•e•lu•tion (reb’el lu shen) n. a teenage rebellion against the low expectations of an ungodly culture.

8/23/2005

When Is Enough, Enough? The Time Is Now!

Nathan Winslow, a young man at my church, shared this word at the open mike days before he left for college. I was fortunate enough to get my hands on a recording of it so that I can reproduce it in its entirety for you. Be challenged.

In Christ, Brett Harris
Hebrews 11--I’m gonna cry. I’ll tell you that now--it speaks of men of faith, and it says in Chapter 11 verses 13-16 “All these died in faith, without receiving the promises, but having seen them and having welcomed them from a distance, and having confessed they were strangers and exiles on the Earth. For those who say such things make clear they are seeking a country of their own. And indeed, if they were thinking of the country from which they went out, they would have had the opportunity to return. But as it is, they desire a better country, that is, a heavenly one.”

I have a challenge for my generation: When is enough, enough? We’ve grown in the faith of our parents and many have made it our own. But we are not called to merely make it our own. We are called to live and die for a country that no one has ever known. We are called to put off the ways of this world. And the time is now.

I believe it is Isaiah who says “seek the Lord while He may be found.” He may be found now. Do not be comfortable being with your Christian friends; and knowing you love the Lord but not earnestly pushing each other to know Him, and to live for Him, in new ways.

We don’t have the time to waste to be petty, to exalt ourselves and to be prideful because we don’t want to humble ourselves. I desire for us to step up and to be bold, not even bold as our parents were, but to be bold in new ways--to stand on their shoulders! To be people who will humble themselves and pray.

I’m leaving for college in eight nine days or so. I’ve already contacted some of the people there that I’ve gotten to know, that I can identify as men of God. And I’ve emailed them telling them that enough is enough in my life. I’m not gonna waste another year of my life being petty, pursuing the things of this world, valuing material things, and not be willing to step forward in faith and be bold and preach the name of God. We are called to that, and we must realize that now!

Time is passing we are a vapor, we are a sand slipping away. And we cannot let another day pass before we get people around us and tell them that we want to take the time to make God our all. To be willing to tell our friends things that may cost us, may cost them, because it’s for the kingdom of God.

When is enough? The time is now!